Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Airdri launches new product development programme and extends export strategy
Airdri, a world leader in hand dryer development, marks its 40th anniversary in 2014 with the launch of a significant new product design programme. Airdri will invest further in research and development to ensure that it continues to anticipate market trends and customer needs as it extends its international export strategy and distributor networks.
* Activity during the 40th anniversary includes:
* Launch of new look website in January 2014, designed for customers and distributors
* A new product development programme to be unveiled at ISSA/Interclean Amsterdam, May 2014
* Celebratory event for customers and distributors during ISSA/Interclean Amsterdam, May 2014
* Ongoing investment in research and development led by a new management team, including Airdri's new managing director, Bruce Philipps, and recently appointed commercial director, James Clark. James spent 13 years at Schindler UK and has a strong engineering background.
Bruce Philipps says: "Our customers are at the heart of our business development. Airdri is committed to an ongoing programme of research and development, with environmental sustainability a key focus. We're proud to be British engineering and design experts of 40 years standing, and are delighted to be expanding our innovative range and new market opportunities.
"Our products are available to Airdri's own design or can be custom-made to the bespoke requirements of our strategic partners. Whether a robust, cast iron hand dryer is needed to sustain high usage, or a quiet, contemporary dryer is preferred to complement stylish washroom facilities, we have a dryer to fit every washroom environment."
Bruce recently succeeded his father, Peter Philipps, a mechanical and electrical engineering expert who co-founded Airdri in 1974 with business partner and fellow engineer, Peter Allen. Both men passed away during 2013, having built Airdri into a world leader in hand dryer development. This valuable legacy provides the firm foundations for future growth.
Airdri's range includes the Elite, an ultra-slim, wall-mounted high performance dryer. Its stylish, contemporary design makes it perfect for modern washrooms, whilst enabling better access for users.
Bruce Philipps and the newly appointed management team also have responsibility for Airdri's sister organisation, Formula Systems, an internationally recognised authority on infra-red door detection systems, combining innovative engineering and patented technology. Bruce Philipps is committed to the ongoing growth of both businesses, as a family run, international operation.
19th December 2013