Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Quality Care Cleaning has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Manager to join our team in Cambridge. We offer a competitive salary depending upon experience. Benefits include; the use of a company vehicle, mobile phone & tablet, plus 28 days holiday per annum (Including bank holidays).
We are a professional, commercial cleaning company with over 30 years' experience, looking to employ a Contract Manager on a full time, permanent basis to manage the service delivery of a number of key contracts. We require an experienced, professional, hands-on and customer-focused individual that shares our commitment to effectively manage an established team, to achieve consistent high cleaning standards.
To effectively manage cleaning services at sites allocated to you in line with Quality Care Cleaning standards, statutory requirements and as directed by management.
- To manage all aspects of staffing at allocated sites taking account of the staffing budget, company policies and current legislation, including recruitment, performance and matters relating to discipline.
- To ensure sufficient and effective resources (staff, equipment and consumables) are available at allocated sites to maintain a consistent and superior service to our clients.
- To effectively manage one-off work as allocated by the Operations Manager balancing the needs of the clients against commercial concerns.
- To present a professional Company image to clients and other Quality Care Cleaning staff at all times.
- To promote the services of Quality Care Cleaning to existing and potential clients whenever possible.
- To induct new staff in line with Company guidelines i.e. 3 shifts of supported work and to provide refresher training as directed by the Operations Manager.
- To maintain cleaning standards as set out in the Company SLA's, ensuring client KPI's are met or expectations set by Quality Care are achieved and met.
- To be the principal day to day contact with client representatives, carrying out requested work on time and within budget.
- To ensure all health and safety and other relevant legislation and procedure is adhered to.
- To complete daily staff time sheets as requested by Operations Manager.
- Attend client meetings as required, record minutes and action remedial works. Other
- To present a professional image to clients and staff at all times.
- To develop your own personal skills and capability where ever possible. This could be provided by the company or self-development.
- Remain contactable outside of office hours to a level agreed to be reasonable for the responsibilities of the role.
Our ideal Contract Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of commercial cleaning, with proven management/supervisory experience.
- Reliable, tolerant and determined, well presented and business-like in approach.
- Have the ability to motivate staff plus provide ideas and information to improve & update current processes.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Good attention to detail and ability to multi task.
- Efficient work scheduling skills with focus on maintaining standards.
- Excellent written communication skills commensurate with normal business standards.
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- A self-driven, positive outlook and a clear understanding of high customer care standards.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office; especially Excel and Word.
- Able to commute reliably to working location. Ability to extend working hours if & when required including weekend working. Must have full driving licence.
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.qualitycarecleaning.co.uk