Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Interesting pre-conference site visit announced!
A few lucky visitors to the upcoming 4th annual European Food & Beverage Plastic Packaging Summit will have the chance to attend the Suez Recycling & Recovery Netherlands sorting facility & floating Recycled Park in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
There is no extra charge for the site visits, but spaces are strictly limited and allocated to conference delegates on a first-come, first-served basis, so do book your place early to avoid disappointment.
The Summit is taking place on 27th & 28th February 2019 and the site visits are scheduled for Tuesday 26th. The 20% early bird discount expires 28th September.
Early confirmed speakers at the Summit include:
* Hans van Bochove, VP European public affairs, Coca-Cola European Partners
* Philippe Diercxsens, packaging & environment manager, Danone Waters Division
* Frank Vandewal, circular economy EPR co-ordinator, Tetra Pak International
* Vincent Vincent, head of Suez Circpack, Suez Recycling & Recovery
* Ramon Knoester, founder, Recycled Island Foundation
* Stephan Roest, market development manager, EXPRA
* Lars Mortensen, head of group - International Cooperation, European Environment Agency
Confirmed Topics for Discussion include:
* Up-to-date overview of EU Directives
* How the SUP Directive affects global brands & producers
* Major brand owners moving toward sustainability
* New polymer developments and their implications
* The role of plastics within the circular economy
* Evaluating eco-modulated EPR fees
* Tackling waste management inefficiency
* Debating alternatives to pre-packaging food
* The development of chemical recycling technology
* Scaling up bio-based technologies
* Balancing innovation, sustainability & value
* Addressing negative public perceptions of plastics
* Providing solutions to ocean pollution
27th September 2018