Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Three men taken ill after cleaning toilets
As if we ever need reminding that even routine cleaning can sometimes be a dangerous job, three men, aged 23, 57 and 64, were taken into hospital as a precaution last week, after two of them suffered breathing difficulties as a result of using a chemical to clean toilets at the Imperial Docks at Leith, near Edinburgh.
According to a BBC report, the trio had been using an acid cleaner in a toilet block when one of them began to feel unwell. He was being treated at the scene for respiratory problems when his colleague also appeared to be overcome by the fumes.
All three were taken to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh as a precaution.
The chemical cleaner was moved outside and the toilet block was aired out.
9th June 2011