Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
BSCAI announces 2021 Clean Award recipients
Building Service Contractors Association International has announced the recipients of the 2021 BSCAI Clean Awards, which demonstrate the best in excellence among building service contractors and categories and recognises their contributions to the BSCAI and the industry as a whole.
Recipients - ranging from new members to business leadership - were recognised at the BSCAI 2021 Contacting Success Conference held last week in Las Vegas. The winners were chosen by the BSCAI Awards Committee made up of 11 individuals from member companies.
The BSCAI Cleaning for Health Award, presented by ProTeam, honours BSCs that have Cleaning for Health programs, a cleaning regimen that helps reduce the levels of allergens and asthma triggers in indoor environments. A Cleaning for Health program consists of policies, procedures and training that emphasises the impact on the health of building occupants and staff in addition to equipment that reduces building contaminants and minimises environmental impact.
Since 2015, the Skip Marsden Education Excellence Award has been given to companies that promote leaders from within their organisations and who demonstrate an overall commitment to growth and development by investing in education and training for their employees.
The Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award recognises companies for their volunteer effort for charities and the community, and BSCAI makes a donation to a charity of the winner's choice on their behalf.
Other company awards include the Safety Award (given to companies of all sizes with the best safety records), the Industry Service Award, the New Member of the Year Award and the Image Award (given to companies in one of three size categories that have excelled in enhancing the image of their business and how customers view the industry).
In addition to company awards, BSCAI Clean Awards recognise individuals in the industry. The Building Service Employee of the Year Award honours BSC employees whose job performance, civic involvement and family role best exemplify qualities found in superior custodial employees. The BSCAI Emerging Leader Award Presented by Contracting Profits is granted to someone who is 40 years old or younger, demonstrates excellence, and is making positive contributions to the contract cleaning industry.
The Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service is presented to a BSCAI member who has made outstanding contributions in furthering the programs and image of the Association and the BSC industry, while the James E. Purcell Leadership Award, the most prestigious annual award, recognises individuals of long-term service to the Association and the industry.
BSCAI's Clean Award recipients include:
* 4M Building Solutions: Large Size Company Image Award, Category D Safety Award, Cleaning for Health Award Presented by ProTeam
* Bolana Enterprises: Arthur C. Barraclough Company Community Service Award
* CClean: BSCAI New Member of the Year Award
* Cenplex Building Services: Category A Safety Award
* Challenge Unlimited: Category B Safety Award
* Michael Diamond (pictured), CBSE, AffinEco: James E. Purcell Leadership Award
* Diversified Maintenance Systems: Category D Safety Award
* Enviro-Clean Services: Category C Safety Award
* ESS Clean: Category B Safety Award, Skip Marsden Education Excellence Award
* Flair Building Services: Category A Safety Award
* Jamie Henry, Bee Line Support: Walter L. Cook Award for Distinguished Service
* Dontez L. Hobbs Sr., ESS Clean: Building Service Employee of the Year Award
* Prestige Maintenance USA: Category D Safety Award
* Saber Building Services: Category B Safety Award
* TEAM Software by WorkWave: Industry Service Award
* Terell Weg, CBSE, MSNW: Emerging Leader Award presented by Contracting Profits
* Ultra Shine Group: Mid-Size Company Image Award
25th November 2021