Your industry news - first
Enter HSE's Risk-reduction Through Design award
The Health & Safety Executive's annual musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) ‘Risk-reduction Through Design' award is now open for nominations. The award is open to UK employers of all sizes and industry sectors and is sponsored by HSE and the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors (CIEHF).
Entries are encouraged by employers who have made simple changes to their workplace, task or activities that have resulted in significantly reduced musculoskeletal risk to their employees.
This might include:
• a reduction in lifting, pushing or pulling activities
• removing the need for manual handling
• a significant decrease in the need for awkward postures or the force needed to use equipment
The emphasis is on design solutions that have or can reduce the risk of musculoskeletal disorders for their own workers.
There will now be two categories for the award:
• Best overall MSD Risk-reduction Through Design award
• The Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) Recognition award (specifically for businesses with fewer than 250 employees.
Full details on how to enter, as well as case studies for previous winners, (such as Zebra Technologies, pictured) are available at:
26th October 2023