Your industry news - first Number 1 for Recruitment
We strongly recommend viewing Cleanzine full size in your web browser. Click our masthead above to visit our website version.
Innovation Awards winners: truly in a position to celebrate!
Chosen by a completely independent group of judges with no affiliation or bias towards any of the entrants, the Cleaning Show Innovation Awards are really something to be proud of, so congratulations go to all the finalists!
As they are so important and because there were so many excellent new products for the judges to choose from, we need to do them justice, so we've decided to list the winners today and bring you in-depth details of each of the products - together with those of some of the other finalists, in future issues of Cleanzine.
More than 70 exhibitors entered their innovations online across a range of categories. For the first time, these were featured in an Innovation Zone at the show and judging by a team of industry professionals took place on the opening day on each of the finalists' stands.
* Carpet & Upholstery cleaning product & services: Woolsafe Stain Removal Guide App
* Chemicals & dosing system: OEMAchem - Invisakill
* Eco/green product: Delphis Eco - Foaming Oven Cleaner
* Floor cleaning machines (indoors): ICE/Cleanfix - RA535 Ride-On Scrubber Dryer
* Floor cleaning machines (outdoors): PTS Clean - Picobello 151 Manual Sweeper
* Food hygiene products & services: Centrego - The Toucan Mini
* Healthcare products & services: Addgards Co - Hand & Handle Wet Wipe Dispenser
* Laundry & dishwashing products & services: Miele Professional - PT5137
* Pressure washers/graffiti removal products & services: MAC International - Permahot Machine
* Retail cleaning products & services: HTC Floor Systems- Twister Retail
* Software & management systems: Jangro - Jangro Learning Management Solution (JLMS)
* Washroom products & services: Connect Hygiene - Leonardo Compact Range
* Window cleaning products & services: Unger UK- HiFlo Lite/Waterfed Pole Technology
* Overall Winner Award: Jangro
Jeremy Thorn, Sales & Marketing Director of Jangro, said: "We were very busy on the first day and struggled to meet the demand for our show offer of a free training programme. During the first two hours our stand was inundated with people and we downloaded over 100 training APPs. Also, we had a great interest in our range of 4,000 products. Our product catalogue was being taken at a very rapid rate and we have ordered more for the remaining days. We were very pleased with both the quality and the quantity of the visitors."
Neil Nixon, Chair of the judging panel and Editor of C&M, said: "The Innovation Awards continue to grow in stature at every show and this year we have been thrilled with the high standard of entries from all the exhibitors that took part. Competition has been fierce and we've had some excellent winners. Thanks to all the exhibitors that took part and my fellow judges for their diligent work, enabling us to physically judge almost 40 products during the first day of the show."
28th March 2013